This past Saturday Brother Palmer, one of the coordinators, shared a few of the things he loves about serving in the Temple. President Hatch then stood up and invited each of us to go home and write a similar list down in our journal so that our children would have it for future reference. Here are some of the items from my list:
- I love seeing small children in the Temple who are being sealed to their parents. It never fails to bring a smile to my face.
- I love walking up to the Temple in the early hours of the morning when it is still dark outside and the Temple's lights are brightly lit.
- I thoroughly enjoy associating with the other workers on my shift.
- I enjoy our preparation meetings at 5:45am each Saturday
- I love putting on the white suit that I wear in the Temple. It reminds me who's house I am in.
- I enjoy eating breakfast in the Temple cafeteria with the Camerons.
- I am grateful for the opportunity to learn more about Heavenly Father's Plan for his children
- I love the Spirit that I feel every Saturday
- I am thankful for the "softening" effect that Temple work is having on my character.
- I love working with the four members of my ward who work on the same shift.
- I love seeing people who I know inside the Temple
- I love sharing my experiences in the Temple with my wife when I get home.
- I am grateful for the clarity I experience in the Temple. This was especially comforting during the past couple of months as our family has dealt with the sudden illness and death of a beloved uncle.
- I am profoundly grateful for the sacred covenants I have made there with my sweet bride.
- I appreciate the other members of my ward who serve in the Temple.
- My testimony of Jesus Christ and His love for each of us is increased when I serve in the Temple.
- It is a privilege to officiate in the ordinances of the Temple.
Mesa Arizona Temple - Photo taken by Seth Seaman