Monday, November 28, 2011

Day 8 - What I Love About the Temple

One of the many blessings I enjoy is the opportunity to serve as a Temple Ordinance Worker in the Mesa AZ Temple every Saturday morning.  Before the start of our shift all of the workers gather in a preparation meeting where we receive instruction and counsel from our coordinators and a member of the Temple Presidency.  The meeting helps set the tone for our shift.

This past Saturday Brother Palmer, one of the coordinators, shared a few of the things he loves about serving in the Temple.  President Hatch then stood up and invited each of us to go home and write a similar list down in our journal so that our children would have it for future reference.  Here are some of the items from my list:


  • I love seeing small children in the Temple who are being sealed to their parents.  It never fails to bring a smile to my face.
  • I love walking up to the Temple in the early hours of the morning when it is still dark outside and the Temple's lights are brightly lit.  
  • I thoroughly enjoy associating with the other workers on my shift.
  • I enjoy our preparation meetings at 5:45am each Saturday
  • I love putting on the white suit that I wear in the Temple.  It reminds me who's house I am in.
  • I enjoy eating breakfast in the Temple cafeteria with the Camerons.
  • I am grateful for the opportunity to learn more about Heavenly Father's Plan for his children
  • I love the Spirit that I feel every Saturday
  • I am thankful for the "softening" effect that Temple work is having on my character.
  • I love working with the four members of my ward who work on the same shift.
  • I love seeing people who I know inside the Temple
  • I love sharing my experiences in the Temple with my wife when I get home.
  • I am grateful for the clarity I experience in the Temple.  This was especially comforting during the past couple of months as our family has dealt with the sudden illness and death of a beloved uncle.
  • I am profoundly grateful for the sacred covenants I have made there with my sweet bride.
  • I appreciate the other members of my ward who serve in the Temple.
  • My testimony of Jesus Christ and His love for each of us is increased when I serve in the Temple.  
  • It is a privilege to officiate in the ordinances of the Temple.
Mesa Arizona Temple - Photo taken by Seth Seaman

No comments: